2.02.2009

100th Bonus Edition!!!!

That's right, loyal followers, you didn't misread the title. Today is my blog's first centennial! Can you believe it? That means that you readers have now read enough blog posts written by Dave Getz to fill a 1 gallon bucket 100 times! Because it is my 100th post, I have decided to write a Special Edition of "What Dave Wants, Dave Getz." With it also being Monday, which means a Top 10 list is on the schedule, I have decided to do a Top 100 list! Thus, without paying any heed to adieux, I give you the first ever....

TOP 100 Monday's!!!!! Today's Topic: Dave's Top 100 Super Bowl Memories! Now, the reason I have selected this topic is because of a significant event that happened yesterday: Super Bowl XVIII! It was one of the best Super Bowl's I've ever seen...until the last 5 seconds. I'm furious that the officials didn't review the final fumble/incomplete pass made by the Cardinals on 3rd down at the 50 yard line. I'm not saying the Cardinals would have won if the call had been returned, but on football's biggest stage, I think, if you're the ref, you need to give them the chance. Who knows, maybe they would have pulled off a Doug Flutie? anyway, I digress. I'm just basing my list on plays I've seen LIVE.   Also, I have also decided, to save you and myself lots of time, to make today's Top 100 Super Bowl Memories simpler and easier to read.  Thus, I am going to count by 10s.  And, since I'm tired and cranky, and I have a test to study for, I'm going to divide that number in half (see, I told you this was a special edition).
  • 50- Steelers execute a picture-perfect flea-flicker in Super Bowl XL. Antwaan Randall-El, who I loved in college, took the pitch from Big Ben, bluffed a wide receiver reverse, and then threw to a wide open Hines Ward for six!
  • 40- Ron Dixon [Giants] and Jermaine Lewis [Ravens] return back-to-back kickoffs for touchdowns in Super Bowl XXXV. I love kick returns. I thought this was a boring Super Bowl overall, but those plays made my night.
  • 30- Devin Hester return the opening kickoff for a touchdown in Super Bowl XLI. I'm not a Bears fan, but for how good he was that year, it was a very fitting way for the Bears to start the game. Thankfully, they fell apart after that.
  • 20- David Tyree makes "The Catch." What makes this catch even better was the scrambling of Eli Manning before the throw. And the fact that the Giants went on to beat the Patriots and end their perfect season.
  • 10- Santonio Holmes makes "The Catch 2." I've never seen a better catch at a bigger time in football history.
  • Endzone!- Packers Win Super Bowls I, II, XXXI! As a six-year old fledgling Packer fan back in 1997, I was in Football heaven when the Packers beat the Patriots! I wish I could remember the moment better, but I'm sure it was fantastic.  And I was alive in spirit back when they won in the 60s.
There.  Now I have to get back to studying.  At least I got this off while it's still Monday.

No comments: