2.09.2009

TOP TEN MONDAYS!!!!! Plus: Dave's Mind Is Blank

Well, my friends, another week has begun here at Illinois Wesleyan University. Today begins my 6th week of my 2nd semester of my 1st year at college in my 18th year of life in the 2008th year Year of Our Lord. Today is also Monday, which means, as it has meant for the last several weeks here at IWU, that Dave will not be motivated to do any school work. It also means that it's time for another...

Top Ten Mondays!!! Today's topic: Dave's Top 10 Favorite Things To Do When He's Busy Putting Off Schoolwork. That's right. Today, I'm going to tell you what I actually do at Illinois Wesleyan beside all that scholarly stuff. What is or is not true is up for you to interpret. So, without adooing any further....

  • #10- Imagine being a crimefighter. Seriously, who doesn't do this in their spare time?
  • #9- Watch snippets of movies. Thanks to Titan TV, there is always a movie 24/7. However, I like to watch the movie for 2 minutes, and then turn it off and wonder what happens. Who has time to watch a whole movie?
  • #8- Watch Sports Highlights on YouTube. Boy, now that I have fast Internet access, I have found YouTube to be an amazing way to waste my time. They have highlights of all the great plays, games, as well as great background music in most cases.
  • #7- Run. Technically, I'm supposed to do this everyday anyway, but when I'm stressed or really thinking about something, running is a great way to pass the time positively. Plus, I think it's just tons of fun.
  • #6- Journal. I try to do this every morning. It helps me record personal thoughts, emotions, and opinions. It's a very relaxing time as well.
  • #5- Read material I WANT to read. So far, I've read more this school year than I have in a while. A lot of it was required reading, but I've read a lot of stuff on the side as well.
  • #4- Blog. This is what I'm doing right now. I like my blog cause it helps me feel like I'm part of a bigger picture than just a student at Illinois Wesleyan. Now that I've installed a "blog counter" on my blog page, I can track how many hits I get per day. I've gotten hits from Australia, Brazil, and Malaysia, and even Moody Bible Institute! I truly thank all you who read this.
  • #3- Listening to Music on YouTube. Seriously, YouTube is a goldmine for finding any song you want to listen to. All you have to know is one line of the lyrics, or a phrase of the title, and it will probably have it. My "Favorites" list gets longer every day.
  • #2- Morton Cross Country Almanac. I am currently collecting all the Morton cross country data I can and uploading all the times into a spreadsheet. It can be tedious work, but I think it will be worth it when I'm all done. It kind of ties into my favorite thing to do in my spare time, which is....
  • #1- Writing what I WANT to write. I'm not a huge fan of writing assignments, but I love to write on my own. Right now, I'm writing my running memoirs from high school, and after that I want to work on a blockbuster novel.
Now, don't for a second think that I do all of these things everyday. My time, in my opinion, is spent in an appropriate balance of work and play. I feel that it is necessary for me to have hobbies such as the 10 above, as long as I don't let them take priority over my school work.

I can't think of anything else to write. I guess I'll go to YouTube.

1 comment:

Ben said...

If I made a top 10 list of things I do instead of study at U of I, reading this blog (along with the several other blogs I follow: Chase, Pheaney, Josh, Steve, Jon)would definitely be on that list.

Another one would be email. I've recently realized that I check my email WAY too much.