Oh boy, Whirlwind Wednesday is finally over. Today was even crazier than ever because my Music Ed. class took another field trip today. We went to Parkside Jr. High and observed the 8th Parkside for their awesome work. I could see myself teaching band someday: grade band rehearsal. It was pretty epic. The kids were really good. They were playing stuff as complicated as a G-flat major scale, and their pieces had some really tricky rhythms. Kudos to the band department at Parkside. I could see myself teaching band someday:
Student: "Mr. Getz, how come every piece we play has the word 'RUDY' in the title?"
Mr. Getz: "Um...no reason."
[awkward silence ensues]
Ah, that would be the life.
[pause as Dave heaves a mighty sigh, similar to a a volcano's last spout of lava before remaining dormant for 20 years.]
Due to the extreme number of hate mail I received over my Top 10 Movie list, I am forced to add several movies to my Honorable Mention list:
- The Princess Bride
- Monty Python & The Holy Grail
- The Prince of Egypt
- The Computer That Wore Tennis Shoes
- Oh Canada: A Fisherman's Tale
3 comments:
What about "The Eagle flies at Midnight" or is that only the title of the book and not the XC movie?
And sadly I am the only one in the reading audience (unless Grant sneaks a peek) that has experienced the cinametic genius of Oh Canada: a fisherman's tale.
You heard the soundtrack to Last of the Mohicans, the movie is even better. And if we're making suggestions now: Memento, American History X, Fight Club, Stranger Than Fiction, the Outsiders, Kicking and Screaming, Chicago, i could go on forever.
I recommend seeing all of these sometime within the next month, they're all that good.
secret word: froma
2nd secret word: doolful (which is how I feel after misspelling forma)
oh no, ben
I've witnessed the thrill of Oh Canada: a fisherman's tale
and its soundtrack is eerily similar to another movie that i know of....
secret word: supend
Post a Comment