2.04.2009

Whirlwind Wednesday

Yes, I have now decided to give the days of the week nicknames, and today's title couldn't be more appropriate. As I've discussed in past posts (the First Century, I call them), my Wednesdays are very hectic. Well, I wasn't lying. After getting up today at 8 a.m., I just now, at 9:19 p.m. am getting a chance to relax my feet here in the library and think about contacting the outside world. I have decided to name my Wednesdays "whirlwind" for a very particular reason: when I wake up on Wednesday mornings, this is what I see...

If you have trouble interpreting still photographs, the whirlwind in this picture symbolizes the pace at which I fly through my day from point A to point B (sometimes stopping by point C) without stopping for a period of time longer than twenty minutes.

Yet, despite all this calamity, I enjoy everything that I do on Wednesdays. For example, today, because I can't make track practice due to orchestra t 4:00, my friend Paul and I went down to Shirk and did our running workout over lunch. Paul is a master at the 5K, so he did an 800 (half-mile) repeat workout while I was able to do my first indoor track workout of the year! Coach came down from his office to yell splits to us as I did a workout featuring repetitions of 600s and 200s (all distances in meters). It was very fun!

In my two orchestra practices tonight, things are starting to get tense as our concert approaches. In one week, the concert will be one week away!

Thankfully, the rest of my week looks pretty easy going, like this cat:And, for those of you who are still wondering, I have yet to turn into a dragon.

1 comment:

Ben said...

When do you eat lunch if you are doing track workouts during your lunch break?