The word "francized" means, literally, to force French customs upon a person. I think this accurately describes my Friday, because, although I wasn't forced, I have taken up two French hobbies. (1) Playing the trumpet. (2) Drinking water. Actually, these hobbies have nothing to do with the French, but they are hobbies I have taken up lately.
First, the trumpet. In my brass techniques class, I have been assigned the trumpet for the next few weeks. So far, I have figured out to play all the notes between Bb (pronounced BEE-FLAT) and F (pronounced EFH). Thus, I can play a pretty mean "Lion Sleeps Tonight." However, I'm not supposed to play too much because I might develop embouchure problems, but he didn't tell us how much is too much, so we'll just wait and see.
Second, the water. This is pretty self explanatory. I drink lots of water of everyday. That's pretty much it.
Wait! I just realized that I am up to something Frenchy after all. Gottschalk, my favorite piano composer had French roots. And I'm playing one of his pieces tomorrow for prospective musical Titans at the IWU Audition Day. Wow, I feel so élégant all of a sudden.
Also, tomorrow is the Keck Indoor Track Invite at the Shirk Center. I am very excited to run my first ever indoor track race, and the fact is the Mile is even better! I haven't raced the mile since last Spring and I'm super anxious to see what I can do. To prepare, I am going to go through my usual pre-race night agenda: (1) watch highlights from my senior track season in high school, (2) listen to the Rudy soundtrack, and (3) go to bed early.
I would tell you the answer to yesterday's quiz, but I confused myself too much that even I can't figure out what the answer is. So, we'll just go with 'B'.
No comments:
Post a Comment