- To start off my amazing day, as I foreshadowed in yesterday's post, I got to play for the kids auditioning at IWU. It went great. I played my Gottschalk piece, and they all loved it! Hopefully, I have caused many musical adolescent to consider coming to Wesleyan in the future.
- Fueled by my good performance on the piano, I was super pumped to run the mile at the Keck Invite today. My race was at 2:30ish, so I had a few hours after my recital to get mentally ready. Now, as I also wrote yesterday, I spent all of last night watching my track highlight videos and listening to "Rudy," and it helped out tremendously. My racing strategy went exactly according to plan, and I ended up running a 4:43.8, just three seconds off my high school P.R.! On top of that, all of my friends had amazing days on the track as well. It's just as much fun, if not more, to watch your friends succeed, so the meet in general was an amazing part of the day. To see the full results from the meet, you can click here.
- Since it's Saturday, I'm allowed to have deserts. So, right before the 5K races started, some track buddies and I ran to SAGA and wolfed down some supper. I had a s'more cake, which was amazing, as well as a huge bowl of ice cream that I had to eat in two minutes in order to get back to watch the 5K. I got such a brainfreeze.
A real-life summary of what Dave is really doing at Illinois Wesleyan University.....and in life.
2.07.2009
Superb Saturday!!!! And I mean SUPERB!!!
Today was definitely the best day that I've had in February while at Illinois Wesleyan! So many awesome things happened that I if I were to make a bullet point list of everything that happened, there would be 3 bullets. Don't believe me? Well, watch this....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, that sounds like quite a superb saturday! I wish I could have been there for the track meet. I wonder what you'll be a able to get that mile time down to this year....4:25?
I don't know if I agree with Ben's prediction or not. :) On the one hand i think that Dave will be easily able to reach the 4:25 (not easily as in anyone could do it, I know i will never get it done) but on the hand i am a little afraid that Dave's high class robbery career change and slow metamorphasis into a dragon may make this goal slightly difficult. (jail doesn't lend itself to racing a fast mile and dragons are more of the flying variety and flying a mile don't count).
Seriously though Dave break some Wesleyan Top 10 mile records!!
Secret word: amooki
secret word for rewrite:phstred
Dave! I'm glad that your saturday was superb! And because I ran out of brainpower earlier today, here's an idea fueled by your amazing post! Skill group: Brain Freeze. We just eat cold things until our heads hurt. Mm?
Because I'm not working at camp, I'll leave you with some other skill group ideas.
Jazz improvisation- forget teaching the basics, just give them some alto saxes and let em loose.
Shorthand- because what little kid doesn't want to learn to write really fast?
Watching paint dry/grass grow- these would be irresistable individually, but combined they could be the best skill group ever.
Ultimate Fighting- I would definitely come visit if one of you did this one.
secret word: nesedis
Post a Comment