1.30.2009

A Night To Remember!!!!

If today's post were a " Dave's Top 10 Nights at Wesleyan" post, tonight would probably be in the Top 3! Tonight was unbelievable! It was outstanding! It blows my mind to think how awesome tonight was!

It all started with me going to DRL, as I usually do on Thursday nights. However, DRL has been getting better and better the last few weeks because several of my buddies from cross country have been coming with me. Anyway, tonight went really well. Mike [Lankford] spoke on why God's love is important in our lives. As a christian for the better half of my life, I often take for granted the basic truths of Christianity that I hold self-evident. It was great to be reminded tonight just how much I, and the human race, depend on God's love in our daily lives.

The night got better after DRL. A couple of my friends and I stayed in the DRL room for 2 hours having a good, in-depth conversation; the kind that only homework-weary college freshman can pull off on a Thursday night. We touched on some very awesome topics, and I think we all gained from the experience.

The night got even better as we attempted to leave the DRL room. While we had been talking, two architects from Hastings & Chivetta Architects had been setting up an impressive model of the IWU campus, along with a mock classroom and various pieces of classroom furniture on the other side of the room (it's a large room, just so you know). As we walked by them, we commented on the model, and before we knew it, we were getting a full hands-on introduction to IWU's expansion plans over the coming years! As it turns out, Hastings & Chivetta are just one of four architectural firms applying for IWU's expansion call. Mr. Chivetta was overjoyed to see us showing interest in his models, and he proceeded to give us his entire sales pitch that he was going to give the IWU board the next day. He went over every detail, from new buildings to new desks, to table size, and even to aisle width. He let us try out all his sample classroom furniture (padded desks!) and, to top it all off, he gave us $20 to go get something to eat over the weekend! If anybody on the IWU building committee is reading this, I strongly suggest Hastings & Chivetta to renovate our future campus!

As you can tell, I thoroughly enjoyed my evening. However, I got 0% of my homework done, which means that I now have a lot more to do over the weekend. However, I live by the saying: "A stitch in time saves a penny." This means that, when faced with the choice of doing homework or spending valuable time with friends, I will probably spend quality time with friends. As long as this kind of thing doesn't happen everyday, I figure I'll be able to keep my head above water.

Bonus Info: I'm really tired.

2 comments:

bluebullit2 said...

I was kinda hoping the night would end with you going out on a date with a complete stranger, only to find that you two were a match made in heaven, therefore resulting in the two of you eloping and you waking up this morning a married man... but I think that that situation is only possible with me...

Anonymous said...

I refreshed your page 4 times just to make your counter thing go to 666. I thought that was worth sharing.