11.10.2011

Canned Advice 003

Canned Advice 003:  Choose Wisely

"Everyday is full of choices, some are great and some are small."  This is the opening line from a song my mother sang me often as a child, but only now, as a 21-year old rip-snortin' sonofagun, do I truly understand its implications.  You see, its the point of the semester where you suddenly realize that you're about 4 weeks behind.  And I'm not talking just about reading for classes.  I'm talking about being 4 weeks behind in everything: sleep, term papers, art projects that involve making a larynx out of candy, showering, practicing the piano, exercising, hang gliding, etc...  Ok, so maybe I'm not 4 weeks behind on everything in that list (you got nervous when I said showering, didn't you?), but it's made me realize that I really need to be making good choices here at college so that I don't fall too far behind on the important stuff.  It's Week 12 of a 16 week semester, so the end is not quite in sight, but it's definitely around the corner.  It's easy to slough off these last couple weeks and then cram before finals.  But is that the right choice?  To answer that question, I simply propose the following diagram:


Need I say more?

Have a great day everybody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ur a disapointment dave