Well, it is official; I am not going to be running at the Illinois Intercollegiates cross country meet today (pause for tears). I ran for 10 mintues this morning, and my quad felt really uncomfortable and tight. So, instead of racing, I will be calling out mile splits this afternoon. Thankfully, my brother, Ben, and several friends from U of I, Kyle Arvin and Nathan Young, will be coming down to cheer me up, so, thanks guys!
However, if i'm not going to be actually racing, I still need to get in my running fix for the week. So, I went to the Listening Room in the library and watched the epic film "The 2007 Morton Potters Cross Country Team!" It's an epic documentary of the running potters of yesteryear battling it out on the cross country courses against rival schools. It was inspiring. I found myself conducting along to the "Rudy" soundtrack that was belting in the background. It was a glorious moment. It made me wonder what song Jesus will play on the trumpet when he returns. I have three guesses:
1. The theme from "Rudy." This would sound fantastic as the notes fall to the earth.
2. "We Shall Behold Him," by Dootie Rambo. This is actually my mom's pick, but I think it'll work. Or...
3. The theme song to the Flinstones.
Those are my guesses. What do you guys got? Feel free to leave your comments along wtih your guess.
4 comments:
My guess would be that he will be playing "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin, but that's just a guess...
Oh, and I can't believe you haven't become one of my followers yet.
Definitely Through The Fire and Flames by Dragonforce... or maybe the Imperial March. One of the two.
My guess would be "Trumpet Fanfare"
Post a Comment