After pulling my paper out of the syrup and taking a few rewrites to it, I stopped by the Writing Center today. It is a place on campus devoted entirely to proofreading students' papers and offering suggestions. I strode in (that means "entered") and sat myself down at a table with my tutor, Andrew (or maybe it was Aaron...or Alfred), a student himself. Andy read over my paper, then offered some very helpful suggestions. "You shouldn't write your paper in Wingdings font," he said. (Ha ha, that was a joke...but wouldn't that be great!!!) Actually, he gave me several extremely helpful tips that I am going to employ before I turn in the paper Monday. As I got up to leave I thanked him for his service. "Really?" Andy (or maybe Adam) said. "Well, thank you. Most people usually aren't very....appreciative of, you know...criticism." I was stunned! Why would anybody go to the Writing Center if they were going to bash the help they received?!?! "Oh, brave new world that has such people in it!" I cried. (Actually, that didn't happen either...but wouldn't that have been great!!!)
I am beginning to get myself psyched for the amazing upcoming weekend! Bradley Open on Friday, Libby's 2 Mile on Saturday Morning, and the Woodruff Invitational on Saturday Morning also! Top that amazing schedule sundae with a little Pumpkin Festival sauce and you have one mighty fine treat.
I am currently sitting in the Music Computer Lab trying to figure out how to work the FINALE notation program. So far, I'm still a SIBELIUS fan, but we'll see how it goes in the next coming weeks. I am trying to write a string quartet for my Intro. to Composition class. My hope is it someday play it with Dan, Sara, and Leah.
No comments:
Post a Comment