9.22.2008

Dave wonders how many words can be out of the sentence "Dave's Awesome Weekend?"

This weekend was awesome! For not knowing I was coming home until Tuesday, it was a pleasant surprise.

First off, on Friday, I had to helplessly watch my teammates run at the Cross Country meet. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't run; my quad is feeling really good now, and I doubt it would be fine if I had raced on it. What a wise man I am becoming:) My team did really well, and though I botched up the girls' 2-mile splits, everybody else on the team ran good races. We now have an off week before we go to Wisconsin for our next race!

On Saturday, my dad picked me up early so I could go watch the Dunlap Cross Country Invite. After stopping in Morton, I rode over with Steve to make it just in time for the guys' varsity race. Morton did awesome; the guys placed 4th and the girls placed 2nd. For a full report, you can visit the official MHS Cross Country Fan Website. And, thanks to Steve's computer savvy, I can now send you there simply by clicking on this word.

After a lazy Saturday afternoon, I went out to The Cabin to play. I had a blast! I would definitely put in the Top 5 September Nights Spent in Tremont of my life!!! Parker Thompson, defending Class A Cross Country Champion, had us dress up in crazy outfits to play. Then, we jammed out to 5 "boom-chuck" versions of some classic hymns. Afterwards, I went out to Parker's and had a great time fellowshipping with some great Tremont guys. The next time I'm home for the weekend, I'm going to try to make it out there again.

Today, after church and a football-filled afternoon, I'm back at Wesleyan. I'm a little depreseed because the Packers just lost to the Cowboys, but we're still not mathamatically eliminated from the Playoffs, so it's all good.

I'm tired; I'm going to bed. By the way, feel free to have fun with the title.

1 comment:

Ben said...

seek, some, save, dean, sew, weed, dove, awesome, moss, keen, seem, weekemd, mow, dead, week, soak, end, vow, ween