9.16.2008

Dave 0, Left Quad 1....basically, Dave is losing to his left quad.

Real quick before I start reading.....

After practice yesterday, my left quad began to tighten up. When I woke up, it was really sore and I had to walk gingerly. Come practice today, I told coach about it and he suggested riding the bike to see if it hurt. It didn't, so he said I could go on a short run and then do lots of stretching. I ran for 30 minutes at a very slow pace; I actually did a Memory Run! We ran by Bloomington High School, so I ran around the track where we had Sectionals just 5 months ago. It brought back great memories. Anyways, when I returned from my run, my quad was still as tight as Michael Phelps' wetsuit, and even after stretching and icing, it still is sore. Hopefully, I can get over this by Friday for the Illinois Intercollegiates, but right now, it's a big pain (literally and figuratively).

Congratulations to Morton on another great Cross Country performance at Dunlap today. The Potters beat both Dunlap and Canton to sweep a Mid-Illini Tri-Meet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did this post get sent to my email?

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear that Dave, I'll be praying that it gets better.