When I woke up today, my quad felt a lot better...until I got out of bed. However, I do have a lot more movement. When sitting in a chair, I can now almost completely raise my left leg to a horizontal position. I'm not going to run today; I'll probably bike or swim for a short period of time and then stretch real good. As of right now, my racing status is definitely questionable. We'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow before I decide anything.
Major bummer of the day: I found out that I have a dress rehersal at 4:00 on October 17. This happens to be the same day and time as the Mid-Illini Conference Cross Country meet. I am not very happy about this, but I will try to remain calm and pacient throughout the entire rehersal.
Major joy of the day: Last night, I got a call from Parker Thompson, my good friend from Tremont, inviting me to play bluegrass music with him at "The Cabin." How exciting! The Cabin is a place in Tremont where all the youth gather every Saturday night, only to realize that everybody there has the last name of Pflederer (or Thompson, or possibly even Hochstetller, but they're very rare). Actually, as far as I know (I don't live in Tremont), it's a Christian gathering with the purpose of praising God and trying to learn about him through his word. I'm sure Parker will explain how bluegrass has anything to do with that purpose, but I'm sure it does. So, on Saturday night, if you're looking for something to do, simply drive to Tremont and ask the one horse there for directions to the Cabin (the horses's name will probably be Pflederer).
1 comment:
Is the title supossed to be "Newsflash".
Anyway, that's cool that Parker wants you to play at the cabin. Maybe you can have a race afterwards!
Post a Comment