Today's topic: Dave's Top 10 Favorite Things to Eat in IWU's Cafeteria a.k.a. "SAGA"
- #10- Potato Soup- This is a great thing to have for lunch on a cold day, like today, or the next 3 months of winter.
- #9- French Toast Sticks- These are really good tasting but are probably the nutritional equivalent of eating a baker's dozen Marshmallow Peeps.
- #8- Seattle Beef Wrap- I have no idea why this called a "Seattle" beef wrap (maybe it was invented by a guy named Seattle) but it's very tasty.
- #7- Blueberry Pancakes- This is my breakfast favorite, but, sadly, they only serve them once every blue moon.
- #6- Chicken Caesar Salad- I have grown to love this appetizer. It's really fun to make too. I put all the ingredients in one bowl, cover it with another bowl, and then shake it up like a salad maraca.
- #5- Spaghetti & Breadsticks- An Italian favorite. You can't go wrong with spaghetti for any meal.
- #4- Ice Cream- This shouldn't be this high on the list, but, if you're like me, you know that ice cream is supposed to be on the food pyramid, but some nutritionist accidentally misspelled it by writing "vegetables."
- #3- Lasagna- The Italian Stallion of pasta dishes. Another all-time favorite of any runner.
- #2- Chiken Chipotle Chili- During election week, SAGA held their own election; which chili is the best? The Chicken Chipotle definitely got my vote.
- #1- Roast Turkey and Dressing- Last Thursday was SAGA's Thanksgiving Feast and it was so good that I'm pretty sure the entire cooking staff are Pilgrims in disguise as chefs. Or maybe, they're chefs in disguise as pilgrims?
Now that Cross Country is over (pause for a regretful sigh and, possibly, tears) my afternoons are free and I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself. I suppose doing a snippet of homework is always an option. That, or a nap. Right now, only one of the two sounds inviting. But, not to worry, Roast Turkey is for dinner:)
2 comments:
Kyle and I are going to come down to eat lunch with you next Tuesday. I'll have to try one of these high ranking menu items.
I like the addittion of the Countdown to March Madness, except the numbers don't show up on my computer screen
My word was swousn. Try saying that ten times fast!
Dave, i hope that you are still planning on keeping up your running after your initial break period. I wouldn't want you to let your team down for Chilly Hilly. I hear that they are really counting on you to do some great things for them, but i also heard that a team of wringers was being brought in to take your team down. (i have no clue who they are but i heard their "Coach" has been studying cross country for something like 14 or 15 years!)
I'm sure that all your potato soup, soda, and blueberry pancakes make for the perfect meal of champions though.
My word was "watingae" (i think that these words my be from the mind of dave) It looks like your spelling. : )
Post a Comment