11.21.2008

Dave Survived Rachmoninoff's Second Symphony...sort of

Well, the last petal has fallen from the rose of Rachmaninoff's 2nd Symphony, and I am still alive for the most part.  However, after holding up my viola (a.k.a. Cedric) for literally two hours, it began to feel like my left arm was not supporting a viola but rather a 25 lbs. sack of petrified potatoes.   Nonetheless, by now my arm has regained feeling and I can now reflect on the concert with both hands.  I thought it went very well.  The music was very difficult, but we mastered it with all the musicianship skills that are required to master a difficult piece of music.  My favorite piece on the program was actually a work I didn't even play in.  It was Aaron Copeland's "Fanfare for the Common Man."  I strongly recommend that you click on the link and listen to it.  It will motivate you to do something patriotic.  What made the night most special was that several members of my family (Mom, Dad, Leah, Josiah, Joel, and Grandpa and Grandma Getz) were able to come to the concert.  Like college basketball, home court makes a big deal in orchestra playing.

Thanksgiving Break is so close that I can taste it (and it tastes like turkey).  

1 comment:

Pheaney said...

Is a 25 lb sack of petrified potatoes heavier than a 25 lb sack of regular potatoes?