11.11.2008

Dave Does Have a Serious Side to His Blog (he just rarely uses it)

Tonight, I will let you in on something I've been doing lately.  Here at Wesleyan, I'm involved in "FUSION," and it's not the one at Grace Church in Morton.  It's a bible study that's an offshoot of DRL, a bigger ministry on campus.  I've been going the last few weeks and I've had a great time each night.  The leaders of the study, Beth Anne Roberts and Mike Lankford, both upperclassmen, are solid Christians and great at disciplining.  Beth Anne is gracious enough to share her house with us, and so each Tuesday at 8:48 p.m. we gather at her home for the study.  

Currently, we are going through the book of John, and tonight we discussed Chapter 4; the Women at the Well.  The structure of the study is much to my liking; a somewhat steady stream of logic and truth balanced by witty comments and one-liners.  Tonight, we went as far as to have the Bible read to the imitation of Morgan Freeman's voice:)  The other members of the group are so much fun and I have been grateful to get involved in such a positive ministry so early in my time here at Wesleyan. 

Today was extra special because it was my brother Josiah's birthday; he turned 6 today!  For his birthday, he wanted to "college," so the entire family went and ate breakfast with Ben in Champaign, and then came and had lunch with me in the afternoon.  We also went to the Bloomington Children's Museum which was lots of fun.

I'm going to bed now.  I need to get up early and register for my 2nd Semester classes.  

1 comment:

Pheaney said...

I think every church/ministry in the country has a 'fusion' program. In fact... you should come check out the new COCUSA Fusion! It rules!