The title really explains itself, but I'll go ahead and write a little bit about my lazy Sunday today. Once again, I attended the Bloomington Bible Church (or The BBC as I like to call it) and had a lovely time. I'm really starting to feel connected to these people, something I don't think I would be experiencing were I at a larger church, though I don't feel it's impossible. The hometown atmosphere is very pleasant, and the people are very personible. My sunday school teacher, John Haney (I hope he isn't offended, but I think he looks like the Sicilian from THE PRINCESS BRIDE), is a great man of faith and does a great job of sharing his heart in our lessons, mostly on the book of Proverbs. The pastor, Dennis Powers, is right down doing a sermon from the book of Romans. The last two sundays we have looked at God's perspective on judgment form chapter 2. I have become very interested on the topic of judgment lately and often wonder the following wonder...."Dave, if your brother is clearly caught in a sin, and he refuses to turn from it, how can you lovingly explain to him the error of his ways in a manner that will not turn him away from you yet at the same time show him that you care for him? And what gives you the right to judge anyway? And, well we're at it, your no-shave-November beard is looking pretty bushy, even if I must say so myself." This is something to ponder for a later post perhaps.
Anyway, I digress. After the service, the church hosted a Thanksgiving Pot-Luck. By 'hosted', I mean they hosted me because I didn't bring anything (hey, I was thankful, that's what counts). It was delicious and I thoroughly enjoyed my Sunday morning.
However, with it being the Day of Rest and all, I decided that I was entitled to a Sunday nap. So, I took one from 2:37-3:15, after which I went to the library and finished drafting my final paper for my baseball class.
This evening, I attended another church service called "FUEL." It's a large-scale college-centered service. By attending both of these services, I feel that I could write a boringly long essay on the contrast of worship styles. But I won't, because, personally, I don't think it's that big of deal.
Don't tell anyone, but tomorrow I'm skipping classes to go watch the NCAA D1 Cross Country National Championships in Terre Hautte, Indiana. However, I need to be careful that this information doesn't get out to the public or I may be in big trouble:)
No comments:
Post a Comment