11.18.2008

Dave Has a Fever, And The Only Cure is March Madness

It is here!!! After so many months of waiting, it is finally here! The start of college basketball season! For those of you that take a gander at the right column of my blog, you'll see I have added a Countdown to March Madness 2009. I did this for two reasons: 1.) I need to know on a daily basis, and 2.) you need to know on a daily basis. March Madness, the pinnacle of sports perfection, is the highlight of my year, and, if I'm ever elected president, will result in a month off of school and work for all Americans. Today, ESPN is airing college basketball coverage for 24 hours; this must be what heaven is like. This year, my team, The Fighting Illini of Illinois, has hopes of winning the NCAA Championship, but so does the ACC conference, so we may be in trouble. Nevertheless, this year promises to be full of underdogs, buzzer-beaters, and stars-in-the-making! So, sit back with me, and anxiously count down these next 17 weeks!

Besides college basketball, my life will be pretty uneventful through the end of this week. However, I do have an orchestra concert this Friday. We are playing of the music of three famous deceased composers; one is French [Faurre], one is Russian [Rachmaninoff], and one is American [Copeland] (this could be the great start to a joke, no? "Three composers, a Frenchman, a Russian, and an American, walk into a concert hall....."). I am quiet certain that the concert will last long enough that, when it is over, it will be December, but I hope not. The music is actually pretty good, and it promises to be a good concert.

I may have to add new item to my favorite items in SAGA. Yesterday for lunch they had Shrimp & Simri (crab meat) wraps that were pretty delicious.

No comments: