Top Ten Mondays!!! Today' s Topic: Dave's Top 10 Things He Wants To Do While He Still Has Breath In His Lungs. Yes, this week I'm digging deep into my soul and finding 10 things that I sincerely want to accomplish before I'm (a) too old (b) too sensible. This list took some time to craft, and I'm sure that after posting this I'll probably think of 10 more things, but for now, I'm sticking with this list. If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment. Alright, enough chit-chat; let's get started with...
- #10- Go Skydiving/Bungee Jumping. I've always thought this would be an amazing rush. I've never been terrified of heights, but I'm sure free falling at 3,000 feet might be a little scary.
- #9- Attend a Packers game at Lambeau Field. Of course, if it was snowing that would make the experience so much better. I've been in Lambeau Field, but there wasn't a game going on, so it was kind of anticlimactic. I can't imagine what it must be like to be surrounded thousands of Cheeseheads.
- #8- Run a marathon. The runner in me made me put this on the list. To be honest, I don't think running 26.2 miles sounds like tons of fun, but it is definitely something that I would like to do someday so that I can say I did it.
- #7- Play in the William Tell Overture. This is one of my favorite musical pieces of all time, and I've never been able to play in it. Apparently, I found out last week that IWU played it on their concert last spring, so I just missed it:(
- #6- Play in the Final Four. I don't know how this will work out, but I'm not giving up.
- #5- Publish a novel. Notice I didn't say "write" a novel. I don't mean to toot my French Horn, but, with the help of Tom Merker, I've already written several.
- #4- See the Musical "Wicked." So many people have told me that I'd enjoy this show, and I'm pretty sure they'd be right.
- #3- Develop my voice so that I can sing well and confidently. You have no idea how much I've always wanted to be a good singer. I don't consider myself a terrible singer, but I've never gotten to the point where I'm comfortable presenting my vocal talent to the world. It is my desire while at IWU to take voice lessons and maybe sing in a choir. I want to be able to sing like David Phelps someday.
- #2- Win the NCAA DIII Cross Country Championships. Wouldn't this be great? I am one of 11 freshman male runners at Wesleyan this year. In 4 years, I'm hoping that 7 of us will step up and take down mighty North Central and go on to win at NCAAs. But even this pales in comparison with my ultimate dream for the future. And this is....
- #1- Get married and be a father. Hey, who doesn't? I guess you could want to be a mother, but that's not very high on my list.
I made up a great joke yesterday. To get it, you must understand this fact from Greek mythology; Dionysus is the God of fertility and wine. Got it? Okay, here goes:
"Dionysus is sitting up on Mt. Olympus and he's sending a rain on the mortals so that they can grow their crops. While he's admiring his impressive rainstorm, Zeus comes tramping across the sky carrying his impressive stock of thunderbolts completely oblivious to Dionysus. Dionysus gets upset and calls out, 'Hey, Zeus! Would you mind? You're parading on my rain!'" Ha ha ha ha ha ha.....oh, boy. *deep breath* That still get me every time.
Yesterday was really nice. I went to the BBC (Bloomington Bible Church for those who have forgotten) and heard a great sermon on Romans 7:1-6. Then, in the evening I went to FUEL (the college age church service at Eastview Church in Normal) and heard a great sermon on Revelation 3, which speaks about the church of Philadelphia (coincidentally, in Philadelphia they worshiped Dionysus...no joke!). Also, one of my friends from the cross country team got baptized, so that was awesome too!
Today and tomorrow are my only days of classes this week. Wednesday we get off, and then Thursday and Friday are Finals Days.
4 comments:
Dude... Number one is well worth chasing... (just speaking from experience)
This is definitely one of my favorite Top 10 Mondays post! The Final Four one may be the only unacheivable goal on there (you'd have to transfer to a D1 school).
That joke is definitely better than the one about the cat with eight legs:)
Thank you for noticing my typo. I have fixed it.
And, Steve, where are we going skydiving?
I wanna hear the joke about the cat with eight legs. And I never wanna hear another elephant joke in my life.
secret word: eyegr
(the name of the beast in Revelations that looks like a tiger)
Post a Comment