It's Friday night on campus and I just finished a 3-hour shift at Von Maur, so I thought I would relax by sharing a few quick thoughts about the week and the upcoming weekend. As you all know, of course, it's Labor Day weekend, which celebrates the concept of work by giving everybody the day off; it's quite a marvelous idea. It's also the 2nd to last 3-day weekend of my college career, so I'm going to have to find something extra exciting to do in order to make it count. Steve and I would like to contrive the following apparatus, but we're not sure if we have the resources (or lake). However, we may embark on a rugged outdoor adventure, so stand by for more details.
Last night was another DRL, and it was pretty fantastic. I had a lot of great conversations with people I've always seen around campus but never really gotten to know, and the night was ended with an impromptu run to Steak N' Shake; what can be better that? I'm really thankful for all the great friends I've made in DRL throughout the last 4 years, and I'm so excited to see what happens throughout our ministry over the course of this year. Hopefully we can make more and better disciples.
Tomorrow, at 1:00, the Illinois Wesleyan Titans take to the field for the home football opener against Hope College. Standing by to broadcast the game in the radio booth are none other than your favorite on-air duo of Dave Getz & Steve Lessaris! That's right, folks. The men of Gha are once again going to be bombarding the airwaves with spectacular play-by-play and color commentary of this classic DIII gridiron battle. If you desire to tune in to listen you have 2 options. One option is to tune in to 88.1 FM on your radio, but in order to pick up our game you will have to be within a mile radius of the stadium, so that's probably a no-go for a lot of you. However, you can visit the Titan Radio website and listen to the game online! Simply CLICK HERE and you will be taken to a web-page where you can access Wesleyan's Internet radio site. Send me a text during the game and I promise to give you a shout-out!
Well, the weekend is almost upon me, so I should probably go get ready to meet it. Personally, I'm extremely tired, so the only thing that sounds that appealing is going to bed.* We'll see what the guys at the house are up to. Recently, we've taken to watching "Hogan Hero's" before bed, which, in my opinion, makes us very cool indeed. It also means that we are constantly quoting Srgt. Shultz while walking around the house. This also makes us very cool. You should try it sometime.
*- This is another piece of evidence to add to my case that I'm getting very old.
No comments:
Post a Comment