So, every once in a while on the blog here, I may throw in a new segment that I'm calling "Canned Advice." I call it this for 2 reasons. 1). The word "canned" implies it's not entirely real. 2.) The word "canned" implies it can be brought out later and still be used. I think both of those definitions of "canned" can accurately describe any advice I'd ever give to anybody. You just never know which one you're getting. So, here's my first bit of Canned Advice.
Canned Advice 001- Only Agree To Live With People Who Like To Cook You Food
If you think about it, this makes a lot of sense, so it may fall into Canned Implication #2. I've been living in the Fellowcopter Pad (the name of our house...for those who are new to the blog) now for 5 weeks, and pretty much everyday either Jake or Noah is offering me something to eat. Now, there are several lessons to be learned from these experiences. One is that I'm extremely absent-minded, and my housemates feel, if they don't feed me, I will forget to eat. Another is that I'm really an awful cook and this is my housemates way of making sure they never have to touch my cooking. The last (and most likely reason) is that I simply have awesome friends that love to use their spiritual gift of service in harmony with my spiritual gift of eating. Thus, my experience living off-campus has been nothing but stellar ever since the semester began. If you take my advice, you'll consider rooming with people who make you food too.
Thankfully, I also have the spiritual gift of washing dishes*, so the workload in the kitchen is not one-sided.
Pumpkin Festival
The pumpkin festival kicked off tonight in Morton, and sadly, I'm not there. However, me and several of my buddies are heading down this weekend. Pumpkin pancakes, I can smell you already!
*- though Jake probably will disagree
1 comment:
great advice
Post a Comment