9.17.2011

Pumpkin Festival Weekend

The Pumpkin Festival, that glorious 4-day celebration of our nation's favorite gourd, has finally arrived in Morton, and I could not be more excited!  Just a couple hours ago I was at the Food Tent munching on the world's best pumpkin pancakes along with some of Rocke's signature sausages!  It was seraphic*!  Now, I'm back at school to spend a brief hiatus from the P-Fest in order to broadcast the IWU football game at 1:00.  Once again, if you'd like to enjoy my play-by-play commentary, along with my excellent color man Steve Lessaris, you can listen to us online at the following link: FOLLOWING LINK.

After the game, I will be heading back to Morton to enjoy the waning hours of the P-Fest.  It's a little ethereal** to walk around the pumpkin festival, see people I literally haven't seen since high school graduation, and not have time to sit down and talk with each one of them to my heart's content.  I guess that's what class reunions are for.  But without the pumpkin pancakes.  Personally, I'd take the pumpkin festival any day.

Also, thanks to Wesleyan's Student Senate for providing us with funds, DRL was able to purchase brand new recording equipment on Thursday.  This means that you can now listen to the Thursday night message in even better quality than you did before!  Last week, I talked about evil, and it was good.***  You can listen to it if you like by following this link: FOLLOW ME.


*- a GRE word that means "angelic"
**- a GRE word whose meaning is escaping me at the moment
***- that sentence was fun to write.




No comments: