Well, as Albert Einstein once put it so eloquently, "Here's looking at you, kid." Or maybe that was Orville Wright who said that. Whoever said it, it really doesn't apply to anything else following in this post; it's more just to show that I am ignorant of any famous movie quotes outside of "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Tangled."
Whatever the case, today is the first day of my last year in college. Besides reaffirming the fact that I'm really old, this day affirms the fact that I actually am the "big senior on campus." However, I really don't feel any different than when I was the "mediocre junior on campus" or the "tolerable sophomore on campus" or the "freshman on campus who doesn't get out very much." Nevertheless, this is finally it! It's the semester when I put my last foot forward! I lay it all on the line, and, when the dust clears, I walk out of here with a diploma and a transcript that will hopefully be my gateway to not only the West, but also to a job.
As a result, I need to be sure to study hard for one semester before I begin my student teaching, and in order to study hard, I need to be able to find my classrooms. This has not always been my strong suit here at IWU, and given the fact that I still haven't checked the location of my 10:00 class that starts in 10 minutes, you may want to cross your fingers about me getting that diploma.
Hopeful Title for Next Post: Dave Becomes a Home-Owner!
1 comment:
Alright! The blog is back!
I need some good reading to break the biochem/anatomy/medicine routine:)
Post a Comment