Tonight was the first DRL of the year! There was a good turnout of several new faces, as well as most all of the old faces from last year. It still feels a little weird not having last year's senior class, but the night went really well. I had several of my friends share brief testimonies along with highlighting different aspects of DRL's ministry. The night could easily have been subtitled "DRL Syllabus Day," but I didn't really hand anything out, so the metaphor stops there. The best part of the night came after the service was done when a group of 25 or so of us went out to the quad and played Superheroes and Villains, Miniature Tanks, and Team Rock-Paper-Scissors; it was truly a blast! If you don't know what those games, you're seriously missing out. Overall, it was just a great night to reconnect with old friends, tell lots of people the good news of Jesus Christ, and play goofy games in public.
Week 1 is almost in the books here at IWU. However, when I try to wake up in the mornings, it feels like Week 9. This further confirms my suspicions that I'm getting older at a much faster rate than I was last year. The other shred of evidence is found in the fact that I've had coffee every morning this week.
Favorite Song of the Week:
Nickel Creek "When You Come Back Down"
No comments:
Post a Comment