8.30.2011

The Fellowcopter Pad becomes Wayne Manor

So, if you've been an active reader of this blog since its maiden voyage back in Fall of 2008, you've probably wondered, "How come Dave never gets attacked by bats while at school?" Now, that's a fair question, and it's one that definitely demands an answer, which is the purpose of this post.

The truth is, I have been attacked by a bat while at school. In fact, it happened just this past Sunday, making it the first Bat-Attack-On-Dave's-Life-Ever, so it was pretty exciting. It all started when I went into Steve's room to ask him a simple question*. However, my attention was soon diverted to a flying object in our living room. "Hold on," I told Steve, "I think there's a bird in our living room!" I turned around and saw what looked like a bird tied to our ceiling fan, which was currently running, because it was flying perfectly in circles with the speed of the fan. However, upon looking closely, I loudly exclaimed, "Steve, we've got a bat!" Desperate times call for desperate measures, so I immediately scanned Steve's room for the most effective weapon. Thankfully, there it was laying in the middle of the floor; a blanket! I grabbed the one off the floor while Steve grabbed the one of his bed, and with a spirit of unity that would make even Batman and Robin jealous, we rushed into the living room! The battle only lasted about 74 seconds, but it seemed like days when you're in the thick of the action. Steve and I attempted in vain in throw our blankets over the bat as it circled the room (although you have to remember that the bat was using sonar, so we were severely disadvantaged. Had Steve and I had sonar, we would have caught it in seconds). Eventually, I managed to knock it out of the air onto our coffee table** where Steve quickly threw his blanket over it. It began to scream like a cicada, which slightly terrified us because I think we were both expecting some sort of Dracula-esque laugh. With careful movements, we folded the blanket in on itself, took the blanket outside, and released the bat into the wild, where, most likely, it simply reentered our house without us knowing it and is waiting to terrorize us again tomorrow. Oh, well; at least it will give me something to blog about again.


Besides that, Week 2 has gotten off to a smooth start. I love Tuesdays cause I only have 1 class! Hopefully wherever you are, the wind is to your back!






*- given how close Steve and I are though, a simple question could be either "what's up?" or "what is the conglomerate status of the Aztec's posthumous Republic?"
**- for those of you who have been to our house recently, you may be saying, "Hold on a second! You guys don't have a coffee table!" Ah, true, true. We didn't have a coffee table until we bought one approximately 2 hours before the bat turned up.

No comments: