8.24.2011

Ladies and Gentlemen....Start your Steinways!!!

Tonight, a question that has bogged the brains of humanity since the history of bogs was put to the test: How many pianists does it take to attend a cookout? The answer, as the evidence unanimously supported, was 16. However, that conclusion is being reported after just one experiment set; perhaps a repeat experiment will need to be conducted later on in the school year. Else, that will just be bad science.

Whatever the case, tonight, my family hosted myself and my piano colleagues of Illinois Wesleyan (as well as the faculty) at the First Annual IWU Piano Semester Kick-Off Party! It was quite a lot of fun. Being only 30 minutes away from school definitely has its perks, and being able to host incredible parties is one of them. Well, I can't really take any of the credit seeing as I was nowhere to be seen while all the party preparations were being made. All the credit really needs to go to my family, who once again, showing that good ol' country hospitality that has become synonymous in the town of Morton with the name "Getz," hosted the good ol' country once more. It was a great night to meet all the new incoming piano majors, and I think we're going to have a really fun class this year.

My senior year is now 3 days old, and I'm already starting to hear that still, small voice in the back of mind that whispers, "You're forgetting an assignment." I hate that voice! Mainly because it's always right. But this time, I really think it's just in my head, because my professors haven't even given me any assignments yet. Also, because I'm a senior, I don't think I should technically have to do assignments anyway. I should probably sleep on that.

I would just like to end this post by alerting all my diligent readers that the Atlanta Braves are currently 9 games up in the Wild Card standings. Just saying.

1 comment:

Pheaney said...

I totally LOVE that you're posting regularly again. Keep it up. We all need a little more Getz in our everyday lives.

Secret word: flogynes
(not kidding)