5.26.2010

CPR: Camp is Permanately Radical

So this is it. The last week. The final push. The last straw. May Term is almost over. In fact, in a sense, it already is. Today was our last session of class. Our final is a 5 page take-home collection of essays that are due on Friday at noon. That means that I am officially DONE attending class this year! Wow, it feels good. This year, I believe I set a new P.R. for Minutes Sat in Uncomfortable Desks*.

Last night, I attended the CPR certification training class for Camp this summer. Being around all my camp friends made me really excited for the summer. I'm going to be a Site Director this year, and although I think it will be lots of fun, I am constantly reminded of the wise advice given by Uncle Ben to Peter Parker in Spider-Man: "You're not supposed to run away." ....oops, that's what he says a little earlier in the movie. I meant: "With great power comes great responsibility." And, as I like to add, "With great responsibility comes a great desire to take naps." To sum it up, this summer will definitely be unforgettable. I'm very excited with my new role, but I realize that a lot is expected of me, and I hope that I am ready to rise to the challenge.

Time to hit the pool. The triathlon is less than a month away!!






*- 6 gazillion, give or take.

No comments: