7.18.2010

Dave goes on a Date, and it's quite the Shakespear-ience!


I know that I haven't blogged in practically two months, but I'm not going to make excuses. Actually, I am. It's all the fault of one time-consuming, fun-encroaching, hair-splitting thing: shaving. Ha ha, just kidding. I've only shaved, like, twice in this whole no-blogging period*. The real reason I haven't blogged in forever is due to my summer schedule being roughly 73 times more hectic than my school schedule, which already was not conducive to blogging. However, all that changes today, as the Staff here at WDWDG rolls back out the barrel of hard work to bring you another glimpse into Dave's exciting life (and by "exciting," I mean "slightly more exciting than watching an elephant do tricks").

On Friday night, I went to the Shakespeare Festival with my girlfriend, Amy**. It was at Ewing Manor in Bloomington, Illinois (not Indiana), which is a dashing, old mansion in the middle of town. The weather was absolutely perfect, so the picnic on the lawn and the outdoor production of "The Merry Wives of Windsor" was absolutely stellar. I have never seen Shakespeare performed before, so it was a real treat. The directors set the play in the 1930s era, but they kept the original script with all the old English. It was hilarious. For those who don't know the plot, I will summarize it, without giving away any spoilers, in the following word: hilarious. It's still playing the rest of the summer, so I strongly suggest going to see it. Watching it with Amy was especially nice because she's a philologist***, so she got all the Shakespearean puns that went over my head, such as "Thou unmuzzled idle-headed coxcomb!"

Today I went fishing with Amy, Jake, and Josiah at a lake in Congerville and I caught a whopper of a catfish!
It's definitely the biggest fish I've caught in recent memory (which, for me, is about 5 months....give or take), so it was a great day!

It's hard to believe, but it's already Week 7 of Camp next week! Only 5 more weeks until school starts; I can't believe it!! This summer is going so fast, and so many awesome, amazing things have happened already that if I were to take time to blog about them all, you would be reading this post until the summer actually is over! Although I would love to impart all those details to you, I know you or I just don't have the time. Hopefully I'll get a chance to blog again before the summer is over.

And, no, I have not yet turned into a dragon.





*- which puts the National Dave Beard Service Alert Level at Code Pink ("do beards exist?")
**- this sentence along may contain a clue as to another reason why I haven't blogged since May 26th
***- a word probably only philologists understand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave. This is Steve. I would just like to point out that I don't think anything can be more entertaining than watching elephants do tricks.