5.11.2010

Dave Jams Out!

So, driven by the fact that the Triathlon I'm training for is just over a month away, I decided to go out an buy a new more racing-appropriate swimsuit last Saturday. Currently, the swimsuit I'm wearing is rather large, bulky, and ordained with a Hawaiin-style flower design that simply screams out, "This guy could couldn't bench press a schnauzer." However, on Saturday, I purchased a Jammer. A Jammer is basically a swimsuit that is designed, for all practical purposes, to cut off blood circulation to the lower part of your body. However, the salesmen told me that it would make me feel fast in the water, so who I was to tell him otherwise.
I tried it out for the first time yesterday. After putting it on, I realized that I may never be able to get out of this thing, but I figured I would cross that bridge when I came to it. The salesmen was right. Once in the water, it felt totally different. The first time I kicked off the wall, I practically hit my head on the other side of the pool at the same time! Ha ha; just kidding. But it did feel a lot faster, especially on the flip turns.

On the academic front, I turned in a paper today making that the first formal writing assignment I had done in recent memory (which, for me, is about a few weeks).

On the music front, I am giving a recital with my friend, a violinst, on Sunday at 5:00 at the IWU chapel here on campus. If you are interested in hearing some sweet classical music this weekend, the recital is free of charge, so come on out!

No comments: