5.09.2010

Happy Mother's Day!! PLUS: Big Track & Field News!!!

I just back from a great day of family time spent, not coincidentally, with my family. They picked me up in the morning and we went down to Champaign to all go to church with Ben and then go out to eat for Mother's Day. Because my mom loves stir-fry, we went to FlatTop Grill, which, for me, was a new experience and one that I regret having waited almost 20 years to discover. It was an excellent meal which was then followed up by a nice walk in a park in the beautiful April weather*.

My mother is definitely deserving of a National Holiday, so I'm very glad that America decided to pick today to honor her. Her unceasing devotion to make our family better never ceases. Although she does do big, noticeable things that help our family function (cooking comes readily to mind), it's the small, unnoticeable things that she does every day that truly set her apart as a national holiday contender (I would tell you what these things are, but I haven't noticed any. They're unnoticeable, remember?). Personally, because she's the mother of 8 children, I think Mom should get 8 Mother's Days per year, but we'll see how that goes through legislation. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOM!!!

Also, more big news in the Getz household this weekend.....my sister Amy has become the first Getz this millennium to advance to the State Track Meet!! At the Regional Special Olympics Track Meet yesterday, Amy took home 1 gold and 2 silver medals to earn her a trip to the State Track Meet in June!! Congratulations, Amy!!!



*- not to be confused with yesterday's unbeautiful April weather.

No comments: