5.01.2010

Dave Visits the South Pacific and catches a Channel Cat.....find out how on tonight's edition of WDWDG!


This week has been much needed. After a semester that felt (at times) like an out of control chimpanzee riding on a Segway, this week has allowed me the chance to sit back in my La-Z-Boy, read a couple good books, have numerous intelligent conversations, visit friends and family, and just relax. However, several things have been so awesome this week, that they need to be dutifully noted in the following paragraphs:

If one word had to sum up this week, it would have to be....THEATRE! I must say that I am slowly and surely coming to the realization that, were I given the chance to do high school over again, I would definitely NOT have forgotten to do that one take-home test in Art that I ended up getting a 0% on.....wait! wrong story; wrong time. What I meant was that I wish I would have been in the high school musical. Why? Because my brother, Dan, is in the MHS production of "South Pacific" this weekend, and he's amazing! This is his first time doing the high school musical, and he seems to be a natural. Although the directors couldn't afford him a big part due to his co-involvement with Track & Field, he definitely puts the all of his "sail" in the sailor role that he plays. I saw the production last night and I was thoroughly entertained. Great job, Dan and MHS!
As great as "South Pacific" was, it takes more than just one musical to ignite the Theatre Longing in my soul. Thankfully, Leah and Josiah are currently in the church musical this weekend that I'm going to see tomorrow night! I may be so overcome with the "musical blues" that I might just hop up on stage and join them in a catchy dance number.

Another highlight of this week came this afternoon, when I went fishing with some uncles, cousins, and brothers. On my first cast, literally 5 seconds after my bait hit the water, I had hooked a very decent sized channel catfish! I wouldn't normally laud my fishing abilities on this blog, but this was a Milestone catch. Why? Take a gander at the following chart and see if the answer doesn't just jump off the page:

Dave career record vs. The Fish In the World

Year W L
2008 1 0
2009 0 1
2010 1 0

As you can readily interpret, in 2009, the fish of the world pooled together and defeated me by not allowing one of their member to be caught by one of my hooks. However, with this catch today, I proved my superiority over my aquatic archnemisii. And, with this picture, I prove what I have just proven:


Lastly, my great weekend was finalized with a tremendous pork-chop supper at my aunt's house this evening. I quite possibly consumed enough calories to satisfy me until (and this report just came in from my researchers in the field).... I retire.

Also, I would like to give a heart shout-out to my Uncle Steve, a loyal reader of WDWDG. It was this Uncle who, after I caught the aforementioned catfish, spake to me thus: "That photo's got to go on your blog." Thanks for sparking my literary adventure this evening, Uncle Steve.


1 comment:

Pheaney said...

Now.. If I were the fish... I would still say you lost. Since you left roughly 20 billion (or more?) fish uncaught.

The scoreboard looks like this:
Dave: 1
Fish: 20,000,000,000