- I do not go to a Public university
- I am wasting 15 minutes of my Thursday night to write this blog post.
Still on the music topic, I'm taking viola lessons this semester for the first time since Senior year of high school. My teacher, Dr. Hall, is a great viola instructor and I'm slowly starting to get my old form back. However, on Tuesday we had "technical exams" which, to in layman's terms, means "playing extremely difficult musical passages on the viola." I had to play scales, arpeggios, double stops, and octaves. For those who don't know, playing octaves on a viola, unless you have superb technique, normally sounds about as beautiful as a sea lion attempting to sing opera. Unfortunately, on Tuesday, I had yet to acquire superb technique. Yeah, enough said on that subject.
In areas outside of music and school, I'm still slowly and surely rehabbing my knee. I am having surgery on December 17, so I'm just biding my time getting my quad stronger until that day. Hopefully this surgery takes care of things and I will be able to run next fall.
Also, I am still involved in DRL. With it being Thursday, we met tonight in the Main Lounge on campus, and we had a great time. Our fearless leader Mike opened up the night with this hilarious video:
He went on to talk about God's moral will and we all have a choice to follow it or not, just like those guys in the video had a choice whether or not to dig a big hole in the middle of the path and fill it with water. It was good stuff.
Now, I need to study for Music History cause we have 2 tests on Monday and Wednesday next week. I hope you all are doing peachy, and hopefully I will have a chance to see you soon, if that's possible.
3 comments:
lol that video at first just made me stare and then it got really funny. i think if that happened to me on a run though.... i'd be a kinda mad.
i'll be praying for you knee and for school. it's tough this year. i never stayed in the music department long enough to take technical exams but i remember preparing for them and being really scared.
That video would be the best CIT/skill group ever!
is that why mike showed the video?
i thought the point was that we have the choice to go running or not. and obviously if you choose to go, you risk falling into a big hidden pool of water and leaves. so the wise choice is to not go running. that's what i got from it. that, and a distinct fear of thick piles of leaves on the pathways on which i tread.
i love your blog. it makes me giggle.
love, sam pierz.
Post a Comment