10.09.2009

Dave Blogs While Heating His Hamstring In the Training Room

It's hard to believe that another week is coming to a close. Wednesday marked the official "Halfway Point" of the semester, so everything should be downhill from here. Thankfully, this week was another low-stress week, so I was able to go get a lot more done in the areas of practicing and composing. It's nice to have these kind of weeks every once in a while. However, next week I have at least two tests, so I need to get back on my toes over the weekend.

That's easier said than done, for this weekend I'm going to be up in Chicago watching Josh Bell, the violinist, perform with the Chicago Symphony along with my friend Josh Hochstettler (to clarify that sentence, Josh will be watching with me....not performing with Josh Bell....although I wish he were). I will also watch Steve Gifford run in the Chicago Marathon. I wish I could switch the two events and watch Josh Bell run in the marathon and Steve play the violin; I imagine that both would be pretty comical.

2 comments:

Ben said...

That would be classic! I'd love to see Steve playing violin with the Chicago Symphony:)

Unknown said...

that's actually the word on the street... everyone's excited about the 'big switch'. The CSO's going to be pretty crowded tomorrow...