Today was the 2nd day of May Term. Ironically, it felt the start of the 2nd week. Time is sure moving differently this term. I'm so used to having tons of work to do here at IWU, but so far, the workload is proving to be minimal. It seems that the professors wish it were summer just as bad as us students. There's a lot of reading assignments in my class, but I'm used to that by now.
In class today, during the morning session, we learned how to speak Japanese. To say "Good Morning," you say "Ohio." I don't know if it's spelled like that, but that's how it sounds. I thought that was hilarious. In the afternoon session we spent the entire 2 hours watching a movie/documentary called "Hiroshima." It's very interesting because they have a full cast of actors acting out the main characters of that era (Harry S. Truman, Harry S. Truman's wife, the Red Baron, etc....), but at the same time they have actual footage from that time period as well as interviews with WWII veterans and such. I recommend watching it.
I went swimming again today. I'm working on doing these drills that my dad taught me that are supposed to make me a better swimmer. After doing them for the last 2 days I have improved from my state of being a "terrible" swimmer. I am now just a "really, really bad" swimmer.
Tomorrow, I am supposed to play in a quartet at a Jewish Synagogue so that should be an interesting experience. After that, I'm heading back to Morton for the weekend to attend graduation parties of people graduating.
Editor's Note: The staff here at WDWG would like to thank all of your readers who made our 3000th web-hit possible today. Because of your dedication to reading about the quasi-exciting life of Dave Getz, we will be offering French Vanilla creamer at the coffee machine in the break room for the next week.
1 comment:
I call for a tribute to BEN GETZ!
May 3rd came and went with nary a peep from the staff at What Dave Wants Dave Getz.
secret word: inkisse
Post a Comment