5.23.2009

Home is Where Your Rug Rests: Dave Blogs From Home!!!

Tonight's blog is something special.  It is the maiden voyage blog on my family's new iMac computer, fully equipped with DSL high-speed Internet, a 1 terabyte* back-up hard drive, a 20-inch flat-screen monitor, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a fully-functional automated Ink Cannon that squirts any potential hacker who doesn't know our secret password**.  Ha ha, you got me.  I was just kidding about the french hens.  Anyway, the computer is really sweet, and the Getz family is digging the new bells and whistles like a gopher that is digging into something.  After a millennium long drought of dial-up Internet, we are now able to access things never before possible, such as YouTube.  My mom got a big kick out of finally seeing Susan Boyle for the first time.

Aside from the new advancements in my household, the weekend has been very exciting.  Last night was the Sectional Track Meet at Bloomington High School.  I went and attended along with Nathan and Steve, as well as my family.  Morton's 4 x 800 team (my brother Dan among them) ran 8:44!!  Last year, we were lucky to break 10 minutes in that event...and that was on a good day.

Speaking of running, my knee is still suffering from the ailment I suffered back in March.  At this point, I have given up natural causes as the source of my problem.  I know think that the stiffness in my knee is just the first stage in my dragon transformation. 


*- the amount of meat that 1 pterodactyl can bite into in 3 teraseconds.***
**- I can't tell you. It's a secret.
***-My dad made up part of that joke.

No comments: