5.21.2009

Have no Fear, Dave is Here....and He Just Might Be Able to Help!

Today, after class (in which we spent 2.5 hours watching a Dennis Quaid film about Japanese Internment Camps) I went back home to the lovely city of Peoria for First Aid and CPR Training for Camp of Champions this summer. For those of you that didn't know, that's where I have worked the last 4 summers and it's a blast.

Anyway, the training session was all afternoon and evening, and throughout the day I gleaned several important tips and tricks on how I can successfully save a camper from various incidents ranging from a scrape on the knee to having their foot run over by a forklift. If worst came to worse, I would hopefully be able to administer CPR (which stands for Chest Pumping with Rigor....I think). However, when the instructor emphasized the wearing of Latex gloves whenever performing medical assistance, my mind wandered for a second. What if there's an emergency and latex gloves are nowhere around, I thought.

Luckily, I quickly thought of a solution that would remedy the problem....superpowers! Would it not be simply amazing if you could self-generate latex out of your skin to coat your epidermis!?!? Just think of the profitability. If you walked up on an accident, you could simply say in your best superhero voice, "Have no fear! I can self-generate latex glove onto my hands!" It would be even cooler if it made a cool noise while you were doing it. Maybe "Latex" should be the next member to join the X-Men.

Tomorrow afternoon is the IHSA Sectional Track Meet at Bloomington High School. I, along with Morton High School and a plethora of other high schools, will be attending. Hope to see you there.

1 comment:

Pheaney said...

I had that exact same discussion (about a superhero who can produce latex gloves) with someone last summer. I don't remember who though...

secret word: bogiz