Today, being Whirlwind Wednesday, was surprisingly not very windy. My evening orchestra practice was moved to tomorrow afternoon, so that freed up my evening to go swimming, and since I didn't have to fit my workout into the afternoon, I was able to spend a good half-hour in the library making a sweet full-color bracket of the NCAA tournament! While you finish rolling your eyes, I will tell you that I honestly did get a lot of work done today. I feel like this is the stage of the semester where the professors are giving us a little lull in the homework load right before they crash down a tsunami of assignments right before finals.
A real-life summary of what Dave is really doing at Illinois Wesleyan University.....and in life.
3.25.2009
Dave "Knee"-ed not Worry About Whirlwind Wednesday
I have been suffering from an ailment recently. As of last Tuesday, I began to feel a ache in my knee after running. I took most of last week off to rest, but trying to start back up this week was still painful. Thus, tonight, I was back in the pool to do some serious cross-training. However, I use the word 'serious' very loosely, because anybody that was watching me swim would have been laughing hysterically. Because I didn't have any goggles, I would flop my head back and forth to keep the water out of my eyes. However, doing that only caused more and more water to go down my ears, making my swim very uncomfortable. I ended up doing laps for 15 minutes and "aqua jogging" for 15 minutes in the deep end. All in all, it was a very interesting experience and it gave me a new found appreciation for hard-core swimmers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment