3.07.2009

Dave Goes South.....as in the geographical direction.....don't get any ideas.

Today, the fine staff here at What Dave Wants, Dave Getz has graciously decided to travel with me down here to Champaign where I am visiting my brother Ben at U of I. Thus, what you are about to read is the first off-IWUcampus blog post of 2009!

It's very nice here in Champaign. The weather can best be described as "incredible" and the atmopshere is very relaxed for a weekend. So much so, that last night, the streets were laden with thousands of college kids having...well, let's just say "a good time." I know this because, after a scrumptious (yes, I just used the word 'scrumptious' in my blog) dinner at Ruby Tuesday's, Ben, Nathan, Mike, Adam (I will not reveal middle names), and I walked down U of I's crowded Green St. to get some Coldstone ice cream. It felt like the Pumpkin Festival; there were people everywhere and they all seemed in very high spirits. Apparently (and I found this out after I decided to come down this weekend), this weekend was Unofficial St. Patrick's Day. All in all, it was a very interesting walk to Coldstone and back.

This morning, Ben, Nathan, Mike, and I went on a 10-mile run in the beautiful weather. I stopped at 10, but the other guys, along with Adam, tacked on 5 more miles. Even I'm not that crazy.

Now, I'm attempting to get some homework and busywork done on this gorgeous Saturday afternoon. I'm about to go find a piano to practice on, so hopefully I'm successful.

Oh, and about all those things that I lost on Thursday....I've found them all! That means I'm not going crazy.....yet!

No comments: