3.05.2009

Dave is logisn hsi mdin!!!!!

At the moment, I feel very flustered. I feel very much like Jack Sparrow in the title picture of this blog. I am fleeing from my worries in hopes of finding a light at the end of the tunnel. Thankfully, tomorrow starts the weekend, which seems like a very bright light at the moment. However, at this very moment, I am still stressed. I am stressed because I realize that, whether I like it or not, I am losing my mind. You want reasons? I'll give you reasons:
  • Yesterday, I left my running gloves and earmuffs out after my run. Thus, when I got up to run this morning (at 6 a.m. Don't remind me), they were not in my locker and I had to go without them. Thankfully, the weather was nice, but I'm really bummed that I lost them.
  • Today, I know that I wore my coat out the door in the morning. However, I'm preparing to leave the library and I don't have my coat and I have no idea where it is. It's very disturbing because I had my iPod in the pocket of the coat and there are only two places I can think where I could have left it...Saga and the Library. I retraced all my steps this evening and I can't find it. I'm convinced that it was carried off by the flying monkeys.
  • I have now stooped so low as to blame flying monkeys for my problems.
Thankfully, my imminent insanity was temporarily curved by going to DRL tonight. Mike gave a great message on what it is about God that attracts us to him. In other words, why do we seek God? One of his main points was this; because God watched Jesus suffer on the cross, he is able to help us in our sufferings. To reinforce that point, Mike showed a very moving video clip (if you choose to watch, I can't promise that you'll make it through dry-eyed) that was based on a true story. It was very moving and emotional, and it made the point rather strongly.

Tomorrow, after classes, I am heading down to Champaign to visit my brother, Ben, down at the University of Illinois. Maybe, just maybe, the staff here at What Dave Wants, Dave Getz will go on a roadtrip and publish an issue off-campus.

Well, i'd better go back to looking for my coat. If anybody knows of a good way to catch a flying monkey, let me know.

No comments: