TOP TEN MONDAYS! Today's topic: Dave's Top 10 All-Time Favorite Cartoons Of All Time! That's right. Speaking of nostalgia, I figured I should throw in something that will remind me of my past that is so quickly slipping from my memory like grains of sand through my fingertips. Contrary to popular belief, I did watch cartoons on TV as a child. It just only occurred at places other than my house (I'm not bitter about it. That's just a fact). So, before I forget one more hour of my past, let's put the adoo a lot further behind us and get right into it with....
*This list may or not be based on how well I can recall certain theme songs*
- #10- Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers. I've always thought the term "Rescue Ranger" sounded amazing. Wouldn't it be sweet if you were one and you could introduce yourself as "Hi, I'm (insert name here), Rescue Ranger!" Plus, this theme song was amazing.
- #9- Captain Planet. This was probably the only super hero cartoon I ever watched. Now that I'm older, I realize that this cartoon was pretty funny in the fact that Captain Planet never seemed to save the day. Plus, he would only appear for like 5 minutes per episode tops! Still, I always wanted to be the guy with the Fire ring.
- #8- Goof Troop. Goofy is possibly one of my favorite animated characters. This cartoon, featuring him and his son Max, was a classic. The theme song was sweet too.
- #7- Top Cat. My brothers and I would always watch this at Grandma's house after basketball camp in the summer. I remember this one great part where this one cat named Dimples (Pickles? Chuckles? I can't remember) asks the real Officer Dimple to please stand up. Ha ha, that was classic, because, you see, there were two officer Dimples because this one guy was an escape artists and he tried to....oh, never mind. You just have to watch it.
- #6- Duck Tales. I have the same bond with the term "Junior Woodchucks" as I do with "Rescue Ranger." This cartoon was sweet. The drama was intense, the humor was duck-a-riffic, and the theme song could easily win a Grammy.
- #5- Wile E. Coyote & The Roadrunner. Now that I'm a runner, this one easily makes the Top 5.
- #4- TaleSpin. I just remember this one the other day. It was a sweet cartoon featuring Baloo (from Jungle Book) playing a pilot in the tropics (from some tropical climate) trying to take down some bad guys (from who knows where). It was pretty intense. I remember this one great part where....na, I'm not even going to try.
- #3- Tom & Jerry. Just watch this and tell me it shouldn't be in the Top 5; I'll laugh at you.
- #2- Looney Tunes. Bugs Bunny will go down in history and the only cartoon character to ever be named Bugs Bunny. Plus, his show was hilarious. The genius writers at WB created a masterpiece around this rabbit, plus Daffy, Elmer, Porky, etc... The only cartoon I can think that can top it is....
- #1- Scooby Doo. With the best theme song, the "jinkiest" plot twists, the funniest dog, the tastiest scooby snacks, and one episode featuring a meeting with the Harlem Globetrotters, Scooby and the Gang proudly stand atop my list of Top 10 Cartoons. No ifs, and, ors, or buts.
3 comments:
For one, I'm not sorry that zombies got put into modern day cartoons... I rejoice. But I agree that those cartoons were sweet, especially Duck Tales (did you watch the Duck Tales movie? Classic..) I never watched Tale Spin... but I do have a gameboy game that was the bomb based on it.
I owned two episodes of Duck Tales on VHS. Best theme song ever.
I liked captain planet because they used all of the elements on the first four characters, then stuck that one guy with 'love.'
And not only did Scooby Doo have a great theme song, every episode of the original series included a full length Monkees style song that had nothing to do with the story. I used to love those.
I agree, cartoons nowadays are garbage. Worse than the new ones are the 'remakes.' All the scooby doo movies and new loony tunes and everything. They killed the classics.
This was your best list yet.
secret word: goptn
I just watched the Tom & Jerry link....Hilarious!!!
I definitely miss the good old days when we used to watch cartoons for two weeks out of the Summer at Grandpa and Grandma's house after basketball camp.
Post a Comment