Well, another week has come and gone here at IWU, or, what I like to refer to as "the old grind." After a weary-ridden week of classes, a 90s Dance Party on Friday night, and a 25 mile week of running, I collapsed into bed on Friday night for what would prove to be a record long night of sleep. I didn't arise until 11:40 a.m.: a new Dave Getz Personal Record!!!!!!!!!
After wasting half of my Saturday asleep, I attempted to tackle the second half with gusto. As it turns out, my Dad was actually on campus with one of his friends from Bloomington, so I was able to hang out with him for some of the day, which was very nice. After getting some homework done, I attempted to help Dad out with some video software issues, but, when that proved too discouraging, I left to do what I always do when frustrated....attend a brass concert. The concert, put on by the fine brass folks at IWU, was soothing, and soon my frustration left and I focused my attention on another soothing exercise: running.
Saturday evening, I attended the IWU musical "Tenderloin." It was a comical story about a New York city pastor trying to close down a brothel district right next to his church. That sounds a little rizque (riskay? riskhey?), but, in all honesty, it was a pretty clean musical and it had a couple of toe-tappers.
Today, I attended the BBC for the first time in 2009. It was fun to return and see some of the people I haven't seen in awhile. I was very warmly welcomed back, and I was even offered a ride back to IWU! How can you beat that?
Now, I'm sitting in the library trying to motivate myself to read a couple of chapters in my Music Ed. textbook, but the Motivation Bus is still stuck in heavy traffic back at the corner of Playoffs Street and Relaxation Avenue. We'll see what develops throughout the afternoon.
2 comments:
Steve, how did you get the thingy over the "e" in risque?
Not to get all 'missional' focused, but wouldn't it have been better if he had told the people in the brothel about Jesus, rather than shut it down?
Do we ever seek to 'shut down' our contact with people who need Jesus?
chinglue. I'm not kidding. Chin glue? What is that? My secret word apparently.
Post a Comment