1.23.2009

Dave's Big Fat Greek Morning

I bet a lot of you are wondering, "How has Dave managed to go this far into 2009 without doing something stupid?" Well, don't worry...

Today started out like any ordinary day. I rosed (arised, raised?) up from bed an hour before class, was at breakfast fifteen minutes before class, and was sitting in class (Music Theory) right on time at 9:00. During the course of the class period I glanced down at my pocket schedule (in my pocket) to review my day's itinerary. I saw that my next class, Greek Myth, like usual, was right after Music Theory at 10:00, and that I had my Music Ed. class later in the day at 2. I decided that I would practice piano after Greek and check my email after that before going to lunch. Anyway, as soon as Music Theory was over, I stuck to my schedule and went down and began to practice the piano. I was already fifteen minutes into plugging away at my Chopin Waltz when it suddenly hit me....."Oh no! By the time I'm retired, I may have no Social Security!!!!!" After I calmed down, I was then hit by another realization...."I forgot about my Greek Myth class!!!!" Quick as a fish out of water, I tore out the practice room and raced across campus to my Greek class building. I walked in ten minutes late and was met by 20 pairs of guilt-stabbing eyeballs. I sat quietly in the corner of the room as the teacher continued to lecture on Achilles, Homer, Odysseus, Saturn (a.k.a. Zeus), and, occasionally, Pluto (who existed in the "Illiad" for 350 years before some Greek claimed that he 'wasn't big enough to be a Hero').

So, there is my funny story from the day. I have to go now. I'm being kicked out of the library.

No comments: