11.04.2009

The Getz Family Soundtrack

I just found out that my 10:00 class, Music History, was canceled, and it was all I could do to keep myself from performing an ancient Narnian celebratory dance of joy.  This now means that I have the next 4 hours completely open, and that I am going to spend roughly 10% of that time telling you about it in this blog post.

Week 11....so far

Yesterday was really fun.  The weather was amazing, and I started the day off with a ladder workout in the pool that would have made Michael Phelps ashamed of his 8 gold medals.  "Man," he would have said, "If I would have raced against this guy at the Olympics, I could have won 18 gold medals!" 

In that afternoon, several members of my family stopped by so that I could rehearse the Bach Double Violin Concerto with my sister and her friend.  After that, we all had lunch in the Dugout (basically, it's Saga's little brother that resides in the basement of the Memorial Center) which was great fun.

Later in the afternoon, on my way to Presser, I ran into a bunch of my cross country friends playing football on the quad.  Not being able to run, I still managed to play as quarterback (although I had to revert to a "stay-in-the-pocket" style).  I put up some pretty impressive Fantasy numbers, even if I must say so myself: 2 TD's on 6-10 passing with 0 interceptions.  If anybody picked me up off the Waiver Wire, kudos to you.*

Speaking of family....

This is a project I've been wanting to post on WDWG for a while now.  During my senior year of high school, I composed a short piece of music that described each member of my family (think "Peter and the Wolf" style).  Thanks to the technological advancements available to me here at Wesleyan, I am finally able to publish this music right here on my blog.  For those of you that know my family, hopefully you get a kick out of my "musical perceptions" of them.

Part 1
Dad- trombone
Mom- fiddle
Ben- brass
Dan- clarinet
Amy- french horn
Sara- pizzicato strings



Part 2
Leah- banjo
Josiah- jazz trumpet
Joel- African drums







*a little Fantasy Football humor.  You won't get it if you don't play it.

3 comments:

Pheaney said...

Totally saw (?heard?) your family in each of those!

And I got the fantasy football humor... can you play for Drew Brees next time?

Ben said...

I think you should take up Dad's idea he had that one time of composing personal songs for people. These are so good!

Oh, and by the way, I was the 5800th person to view this blog!!!!!!!!!!

Ben said...

I knew I forgot something!!!! I'm going to feed those fish right now!