I am home for Labor Day. The last week at school has been great! This relaxing weekend has been great, but I'm ready to go back. I want to see how much more Illinois Wesleyan has to offer. I had hardly homework this week, which, if the rest of the year is like this, Dave could be looking at some very free weekends.
This weekend, I also celebrated the COCUSA Fantasy Football Draft with several of my colleagues. It was a blast: 9 guys were all crowded in my living room scrounging through Fantasy Football magazines while listening to triumphant music (Rudy, Pirates, you know...the good stuff)! When all was said and done and the dust cleared and the cheese stood alone, I came out with a pretty fine looking team. The motto for the draft was, "Jesus is my Niel Rackers."
My first race as a collegiate runner went very well! I ran a 17:22 5K at Maxwell Park to finish 7th on my team and 12th overall. I was pleased with the outcome, but I'm already looking forward to racing 8K at Detwiler in 2 weeks. Coach Huff was very pleased with our team, who beat Monmouth, Millikan, and Eureka fairly soundly (is it legal to place two adverbs next to each other?). Of our top 10 runners, 8 were freshman!
As a final note, if you reguraly read this blog, I'd love to know! Leave a comment, or send me an email so I know what topics to avoid when I talk to certain people in the future:)
1 comment:
Dave, i would like to tell you that i read your blog on a very regular basis. So if that means that you tell me things fine.
Post a Comment