Many of you are probably wondering, "How has Dave managed to go 24 hours without doing something stupid?" Well, don't worry; i've got another story for tonight.
All of us freshman were handed Wesleyan I.D.'s during orientation. They get us into buildings and meals. They are very important. Anyway, because we use them so much, one of the kids on my cross country team decided to hole punch his in the corner so he could put it on his key chain. I thought to myself, "that's a good idea." So, today, in my room, I took my I.D. and my three hole punch and punched a nice hole right in the top left corner. With that same action, I also punched a hole right through the magnetic strip that allows my card to be read by all the machines. It was in that moment that I looked down at my handywork and remarked to myself...."oops." So now, I have to go to Security and request a new I.D. which will probably cost money.
I'm really starting to feel the college workload. I probably should be studying or doing something besides blogging, but I feel this is a good way to reduce stress. I may be able to test out of my piano class, which would mean one less class to worry about (which would be nice). Still, I'm nervous about my Computer Science class. However, I met two kids tonight that told me it was really easy, and that eased some of my tension.
For running today, we had to do a 15 minute tempo run, 2 x 4 sets of short steep hills, and 2 long, less steep hills. My shins did fine; I think running in the grass helped that. I should be 100% for the race on Friday!!
My 4.0 GPA dissapeared today when I missed two questions on my Baseball reading test (darn it!) today. Oh, well, there's always flipping burgers to look forward to.
Finally, here's some pictures I've taken on my phone.
This was a big beetle I saw on the sidewalk.

This is the cafeteria:

That's all for now.
5 comments:
Don't worry Dave, you can still get a 4.0. It means that you got an "A" in every class, not that you never missed a point.
I always had a hunch you weren't perfect... now I know...
I'm just hopping your mistakes continue through draft night.
Dave takes Neil Rackers in the first round? awesome!
Not if I can get him first!
Darn all of you, he's mine!
Dave, your blog totally reduced my stress by making me laugh a bunch... I'm sorry that you have to get a new card though. Moody used to do the card thing.. but now we have key fobs... so as long as I keep my keys on me I'll be doing fobulous. Cya'll Saturday.
Thanks, guys. I love to read your comments too!
I'm taking Niel Rackers
Post a Comment