Yeah, so, last night at the Hansen Student Center they brought in Frederick Winters, a proffesional hypnotist. All the cross country team was building it up as the funniest thing ever, but I was skeptical. The stories they told me were so bizarre, I thought, "Come on, they're probably just playing along with him." However, I was SOOOOO wrong.
To start the show, he brought up 18 volunteers and had them sit in chairs. Then, he literally put them to sleep by playing soft music and having them focus on a lightbulb. It was so bizarre. You could tell that they were legit asleep too. Even people in the audience were falling asleep! Then, for the next two hours, he put on the most comical show I've ever seen in my life!! He had them thinking they were on a beach, judging a dog show in differnt accents, singing in bizarre languages, kissing the microphone stand, and so many other things. My abs and jaw were literally sore from laughing so hard. The things the volunteers said were so funny, I couldn't control myself at times. He has a website; www.frederickwinters.com, so check it out!
Finally, for practice today, we had to run 80 minutes on the Constitution Trail in Bloomington. It's a really nice paved trail that runs through the city. However, it's not as enjoyable when you're running at 7-minute pace for over an hour, but I survived.
2 comments:
Dave, I think that's the same hypmotist that I saw last year at U of I. I'm pretty sure he was in Champaign on Friday night but we couldn't go because we were at retreat. That's definitely the funniest and most interesting show I have ever seen. I'm glad you got to see it this year.
Dave, how do you KNOW that you were awake while you were watching the show? Maybe he just made you THINK you had that good of a time... O.o
Post a Comment