Speaking of orchestra, I'm very excited to be back in Wesleyan's fine Civic Orchestra. We're playing a Halloween concert in October, so all of our pieces are on the scary side of life. I can't remember all the pieces we're playing off the top of my head, but I do know we're playing "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," which is one of my all time favorites! I forgot how much making music in a large group can be.
I know in the past I used to do a Top 10 Post every Monday, but it kind of fell by the way side once I got busier. However, lucky for you all, I'm going to try to resurrect that part of my blog this year. However, so as to not create an insubordinate amount of stress from the demand of literary creativity that such a post requires, I'm going to add a few modifications to make the feat more manageable. Thus, I present to you, on this penultimate day of August, the premiere of Dave's New Top II Mondays**!!!!! Today's Topic: Dave's Top II Favorite Teams to Win the World Series:
- #2- Tampa Bay Rays- Due to the fact that the Rays are a young, scrappy, rip-snortin' gang of ragamuffins, I am cheering for them to make it out of the American League to lose to the overpowering, bush-whacking, vehicle of awesomeness that is the...
- #1- Atlanta Braves- I have liked the Braves ever since they won the World Series in 1995. I suppose it would be fair to say that I was a bandwagon fan, but it's also fair to say that I've never gotten off over the last 15 years even when they've been struggling the last couple years. I think the Braves have a decent chance this year, so here's to you, Bobby Cox, to win the World Series in your final year.
*- that is a rhetorical question
**- note the Roman numerals. They are one of the modifications.
No comments:
Post a Comment