2.08.2010

Top 2 Mondays!!!!

So, my week's here at Wesleyan have been getting busier and busier. If any of you are veteran-enough readers to recall Whirlwind Wednesday form last semester, this semester Whirlwind Wednesday has been moved to Monday. Thus, the Chief Editor In Chief* gave me permission to just do a Top 2 Mondays today. This will 1) save me time, 2) save you time, and 3) possibly cause a meteor strike. Speaking of terrible weather, it has been snowing practically all day today, which makes the campus appear to be located in downtown Siberia. Although, personally, I wish it were spring, the snow does make everything look cool. Anyways, I digress; let's get on to....

TOP TEN MONDAYS!!! Dave's Top 2 Favorite Super Bowl Moments! Last night was a sweet Super Bowl. It may not have been as dramatic as the Patriots-Giants game from 2 years ago, or as down-to-the-wire as the Steelers-Cardinals game from last year, but it was, in my opinion, the best played Super Bowl on record. Peyton Manning and Drew Brees broke the record for completion in a Super Bowl, and there were only a handful of penalties to boot. It was what you want the Super Bowl to be: it all came down to execution, and the Colts lost the game on one costly mistake (the pick 6 in the 4th quarter). However, the best two plays by far were.....
  • #2- The Onside Kick. What a classic coaching call! I couldn't believe it. To execute the gutsiest call on the NFL's biggest stage took a lot of....well, guts. Sean Payton deserves to be commended.

  • #1- The 2-Point Conversion. Although it didn't really "seal" the game, Lance Moore made on the sweetest catches I've seen. Check it out:


So, there you have it. If you missed the Super Bowl, I basically summed it up for you. However, I know what you're thinking.....what was the best commercial? Without a doubt, this one:






*- Tom Merker

No comments: