Top Ten Mondays!!!! Today's Topic: Dave's Top 10 Favorite Candy Items. This list was made to prepare me for March Madness, where my favorite makes a yearly pilgrimage to Muscatine, Iowa, along with two other families consisting of relatives and friends, to watch the first two rounds of the NCAA basketball tournament while in a hotel eating, among lots of others things, candy. Although your initial reaction may be to assume that my family is crazy*, this yearly trip is definitely one of the highlights of our year, and the fact that we've been doing it since 1992** is clear evidence that, yes, in fact, we are crazy. But all craziness aside, it is the one vacation I look forward to more than any other, because for 4 days I do nothing except watch college basketball, go hot tubbing, play tons of board games, spend quality time with friends and family, and.....eat candy! But which candy is my favorite? That is the question that today's post is going to answer, so let's get moving with....
- #10- Crunch. As a beginner piano student, my teacher would reward us with candy for practicing, and this was always my candy bar of choice.
- #9- Caramels. You know these. The little cubes that come in the plastic wrappers. Yeah, delicious.
- #8- Crunchy M&M's. Where have these gone? Maybe I ate them into extinction back in the early 2000s? Whatever the case, I haven't had them in about 5 years, and I'm going through some pretty intense withdrawal.
- #7- 3 Musketeers. Mmmmm....gooey chocolate encased in hard chocolate. Only one chocolate candy can compete with this one in my opinion.
- #6- Airheads. As a little league baseball player, this candy was the "cool kid's" candy back in the day. I still think it tastes good, but I doubt eating it nowadays would make me any "cooler."
- #5- Twix. The cookie, caramel, chocolate wafer bar takes the first spot in the Top 5. I once got this made in Dairy Queen blizzard form and my mouth was not ready for the unexpected tastual*** brilliance that ensued.
- #4- Laffy Taffy. I love this candy, but after you have a lot (and by that, I mean, more than is healthy) you begin salivating for no reason. Still, the taste is worth it.
- #3- Starbursts. These fruity cubes are definitely a favorite. Only two other fruity sensations keep this candy from taking #1.
- #2- Skittles. I honestly think I could eat a pound of these without thinking twice about it. However, as good a Skittles are, they are a distant second from Dave's Favorite Candy Ever......
- #1- Starburst Jellybeans. Perhaps the reason I love this candy is due to the fact that I was introduced to it at Muscatine. Thus, it has become a Muscatine tradition, and my favorite candy ever. On a road trip to Colorado, I once ate close to half a bag of Starburst Jellybeans and I got really sick. However, this does not deter me from longing for them once I get to Muscatine.
Well, I got to go do my leg rehab. The Dave National Dragon Awareness Bureau still has my status at Code Boston which means "Just because he doesn't look like a dragon doesn't mean he isn't one." I'll let you know if anything develops.
*- this is only mostly false. Some of us are pretty crazy. This blog is evidence of that.
**- Ben, is this date correct?
***- I made this word up
3 comments:
Carmel cubes as #9? I doubt it. Are those still sold, 'cause whenever I see them they look like they've been forgotten at the bottom of the candy dish. And they may be the top tooth stressor on your list. I might buy it if you mentioned the chance to make carmel apples with them.
I believe the correct date is 1993
they actually don't sell the crispy m&ms in the US anymore. but you can get them in most other countries i've tried including but not limited to: central america, germany, south africa, england, australia and mexico. it's sad, but i always get them when i find them. they're almost better now because of their rarity.
Post a Comment