7.04.2009

Weekly Summer Update- Episode 04

I haven't written for awhile, and there's been several reasons why. First of all, although lots of you probably know, my grandpa passed away last Friday morning (the 26th) because of an anaerobic bacterial infection in his leg. Although his passing was very sudden, we are so glad that he is free from this world of suffering and is now at peace with his Lord and Savior. He was an amazing grandpa that always put other people's needs before his own. He was the always so kind to his wife, his kids, and all of his grandchildren. During his visitation and funeral, everybody said that they never heard him say a single disrespectful thing to anyone. He daily lived out the commandments of Jesus and left all of us a tremendous legacy to strive to attain. Although we miss him on this earth, we know that he is in a much better place now.

Because of Grandpa's death, all of our family that is scattered around the world traveled to Morton for the funeral last Wednesday. We had cousins flying in from Colorado, Virginia, Iowa, and even Australia! It was so nice to have the support of all of our friends and family during this time. The funeral was a very nice service of remembrance. I was honored to play a piano arrangement of "How Great Thou Art" during the service; it was one of his favorite songs.

Because of the influx of all of our relatives, every night this week has pretty much been a Family Reunion. It's been awesome to play with, eat with, and fellowship with tons of cousins that we usually see only once in a blue moon.

Besides all this, I've still kept busy with Camp and teaching music lessons. Also, my knee continues to give me problems. Any day now I expect to wake up and find my dragon transformation complete. Until then, here's hoping July is a swell month!

1 comment:

Miss Becky said...

Hey Dave, I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather's death. It must be really tough, although a relief to know that he is in a better place--for sure.

What is this about your knee? Has it not gotten better since the last time it was bothering you? AKA the composition recital in april? I'll be praying for your health!

Otherwise, I hope the summer is going well for you. I have found a potential new member of DRL for next year--a family friend of mine who is going to be at IWU next year. I'm looking forward to the fall semester, and cheering you Titans on!

Stay healthy,
Becky